Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful I can finally use this


I've been saving this Thankgsviging photo since 2001, waiting for a good excuse to use it. You can make your own caption, but I'm not going there.

Thankfully for you, twisted readers, UK's The Guardian did. Not only did the paper featured the story on its front page, it hosted a caption contest. Here are the winners:

Bush: "I know the human being and turkey can coexist peacefully."


First man: "What's that turkey doing?"
Second man: "He thinks he's running the country."


Bush: "I don't know why you're laughing, one of you two has to go second."


Bush: "Somebody get this ... ermmm ... squirrel off me."


Bush: "I did not have sexual relations with that bird."


"Close, but no cigar ..."


"The president made a mental note to sack whoever it was that hired the 'Rod Hull and Emu' tribute act."


"No Tony, I said later."


...

This Reuters photo by Kevin Lamarque, by the way, is one not included in the White House's Turkey Pardon Day Whatever Page, where other photos of presidents and turkeys grace the site, without the use of "the filter."

Reuters has a blog post about the photo as well. Check it out.